NHSRA membership dues for the junior high division are $80 and must be paid on the NHSRA website https://www.nhsra.com/junior-high-division/. Returning members will need their login and password info to access their profile. New members will need to click “new member” to create their profile. Please contact Jessica (405-338-5708), if you have trouble logging in.
State membership dues are $45 and also must be paid on the NHSRA website at www.nhsra.com.
*If you are a new out of state transfer, you must complete an out of state transfer form online at the nhsra.com*
FORMS THAT MUST BE COMPLETED TO RODEO
- OKJHSRA Membership form, (ii) National Membership form, (iii) Minor release form, (iii) W-9, (iv) questionnaire, and (v) PROOF OF ENROLLMENT in school. These forms are available on okjhsra.com and must all be uploaded on the NHSRA website under the member’s login.
NEW ONLINE ENTRIES
**New for 2021/2022** OKJHSRA is moving to online entries. We will only accept mailed entries for El Reno. All other rodeos must be entered online (payment of fees will be mailed in a week in advance or left with the rodeo secretary at least a week ahead of time).
Details for online entries will be posted on the website and Jessica will go over these details at the membership meeting at El Reno. Please don’t panic this will be easy!
* NHSRA dress code is required. Please refer to OHSRA/OHJHSRA rule book.
* At each rodeo, there will be a file box on the Secretary’s table and each member will have a file folder with their name on it. Please be sure to check your folder at EVERY rodeo-------this is where we leave important information for you! ALL CORRESPONDENCE as well as ENTRY FEES are to be left in your individual folder for the secretary. IF YOU CHOOSE TO PAY YOUR FEES OR ARE REQUIRED TO PAY YOUR FEES IN CASH, PLEASE SEE THE SECRETARY FOR A WRITTEN RECEIPT. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES LEAVE CASH IN YOUR FOLDER. Any PAYOUT CHECK(S) won will be placed in that individual’s personal folder. Please respect your fellow OHSRA members and only place things or retrieve things from YOUR PERSONAL FOLDER. IF IT’S NOT YOURS, DO NOT BOTHER IT! If there is ever a problem or concern with this system, please do not hesitate to talk with me. I am here to help and make this an enjoyable experience for ALL of us.
Transcripts and Proof of Enrollment
* Member must furnish PROOF OF ENROLLMENT in school at the time he/she applies for membership. This proof of enrollment MUST include CURRENT grade level the member is enrolled in. This needs to be on official school letterhead and be signed by an official of that school. You will NOT be allowed to rodeo if you don’t provide this required document.
* Students in the Junior High Division must be in good standing; not ruled undesirable for misconduct at school.
* Students must be under 16 at the first of the National Junior High School Rodeo year (Aug. 1), and are or have been enrolled in the 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th grade the year just preceding the Junior High Finals Rodeo the contestant is entering as long as they (minimum requirements) have made passing grades in 4 subjects or if carrying less than 4 subjects student must have passing grades in all subjects, even if they have finished the 8th grade in the middle of the year or have attended school on half-days, they will be eligible to compete in the Junior High Finals Rodeo if he/she has not participated for more than 4 years.
* Any student attending a private, home-school, year-round school, or correspondence school, must show proof of full-time status (passing four classes) and the grade report must be a professional, computer generated document with the signatures.
* All students, even the ones in public school, will be required to turn in a report card or transcript at mid-term (1st rodeo in the spring), and at the State finals. Any questionable documents of public, private, home, year-round, or correspondence school received at deadline times will result in ineligibility. Any documents that are falsified will result in immediate disqualification from this association.
* EVERY MEMBER is required to sell a minimum of 10 Calendars.
* Calendars are $20 each.
* Raffle money is due October 24th (Chickasha Rodeo). NO EXCEPTIONS. If calendar money is not turned in at this rodeo, said member will lose ALL accumulated points and will be INELIGIBLE to accumulate points until calendar money is paid. Points will NOT be re-instated. There are absolutely NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule. If you are not going to be at this rodeo, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to mail calendar money to the secretary PRIOR to this rodeo weekend.
Please contact Jessica or any OHSRA Board member if you have any questions.
OHSRA Rodeo Secretary
1601 N Union Rd
Stillwater, OK 74075